Sunday, October 7, 2012

Mangaliso Mdlulu A.K.A DJ Steve




Location: Ezulweni




For those of you who think that a nice way to spend a relaxing evening is to stay indoors studying for the GRE on your computer with a nice, hot cup of tea. Please, let me dissuade you from that idea. The other side of that idyllic setting is tea spilling all over your expensive computer and shorting out your keyboard. Bummer. Because of this unfortunate accident I have not been as active on blogging about the great Swazi artists who have been e-mailing me their submissions. I am hoping to get the problem fixed. Until then please let me introduce you to an artist I believe deserves some long overdue exposure. Mangaliso Mdlulu who plays House and produces under the moniker DJ Steve is a force to be reckoned with. Straight-forward House under DJ Steve with prodigeous command over a variety of instruments. His production work on "Touchy Feely" has the feeling of every good night and bad decision wrapped into one burner of a feel good hip-hop track. If this isn't already bumping in every nightclub that plays local music, it should be. T.F can turn a phrase like an accomplished wordsmith while perfectly commanding the arresting bark and delivery of Stateside rappers Rick Ross ("Let's Bounce") with a definite Kasi edge to it. I apologize if you cannot access the track or if the embedded youtube video is not working. I am trying to work out some of the technical kinks in writing a blog in SD. AyobaSwaziland is just too awesome for the limited bandwith here. Shem.

No comments:

Post a Comment