Friday, December 21, 2012

Sngwali & Kim Flow - Sbeng Sam

New track from a talented group of a young crew coming out of Ngomane in the Sugar Belt. First, I am super pleased to debut Lubumbo’s first rapper on Ayoba Swaziland. Most of the stuff I have gotten comes from Mbabane or Ezulweni. It is about time the Eastside gets some love. Second, this track is hot. I love the throwback kwaito vibe of this track. Harkening back to 90’s Boom Shaka or Mandoza when everything was played on syntesizers and this stuff was bumping on every corner of every township in South Africa. Not that I was there. But this is my overly romanticized few of an actually very turbulent time. Regardless, Sngalwi and Kim Flow do well to keep true to their roots and ignore flash-in-the-pan gimmicks and Lil’ Wayne karaoke contests. Looking forward to hearing more stuff from my side. Mpaka where you at?

No comments:

Post a Comment